Saturday, September 12, 2009

Why driving is different in the States....


  • you can't honk at people
  • you don't have to be watching out for potholes
  • you can't (shouldn't) drive on the sidewalk
  • you get in trouble if you don't obey the traffic lights
  • you should really stay on your side of the road
  • click it or ticket
  • you can easily drive over 35 mph
  • you don't have police officers telling you to do the opposite of what the traffic light is telling you
  • it's kind of a big deal if you tap another vehicle

Driving in Haiti is just way more fun.

6 comments:

CG said...

I love driving (well, riding) in Haiti, just because I don't have to wear a stupid seat belt. I feel so free and happy without the man forcing me to buckle up. I can also hold my child. He's not forced to sit alone in a big plastic contraption in the back seat. Riding in cars is just one of many ways I feel a lot more free in Haiti than I ever will in the police state USA.

Michelle said...

Thanks for the laugh!

Lena Just Lena said...

I'm with Cara-it does feel very freeing to ride in Haiti. I just try not to watch/look out the front window. lol.

T and T Livesay said...

dork. i miss you.

Kathy Eden said...

My anal retentive self finds riding in Haiti somewhat horrifying. I prefer to feel "safer"...even if I'm really not :o)

cathy.troy said...

Megan - I enjoyed this! Aslo enjoyed seeing you while you were in town!!!