Friday, February 5, 2010

Support Me in Haiti

Many people ask what is the best way to help and support me in Haiti. While donations are great and appreciated, money is always the best way you can help. The main reason for this is the simplicity of getting money to me; while physical donations can be a little harder. Also, with your monetary support, I can use that to best meet my needs (and the ministries needs) at any given time. There are two ways you can give:

Through Heartline Ministries-- The first "donate" button on my blog will allow you to do this. To help support my mission work in Haiti, please make a note with your donation that you would like your donation to benefit the ministry of Megan Haug. All contributions toHeartline Ministries are income tax deductible and are made with the understanding that Heartline Ministries has complete discretion and control over the use of all donated funds.

Personally-- The second "donate" button on my blog will go directly to my bank account used for my ministry work in Haiti. This money is ALL used for my support and mission work, it simply goes directly to me instead of through Heartline Ministries. This way is easier and best for me; however, I understand that many would prefer to give through an organization. If you are comfortable with this option, it is easier and quicker for me to get the donation. Also with personally giving- you can mail a check instead of using Paypal. It can be written out to Megan Haug with the note of 'support in Haiti' and can be sent to:

Jean Haug
7133 East Powell Ave.
Evansville, IN 47715


I cannot continue to stay in Haiti without support. I have no income. My only source of money is through the generous giving of others. Mission work is a partnership. It is not something a person can do alone. It takes those who can go and those who can give. I'm here. I feel this is where God has called me to be. And I love being here-- striving to show the love of God to the people of Haiti and to be the hands and feet of Christ.

So many of you have already shown your support through encouragement and monetary giving. I appreciate it more than I could possibly express. I could not be here without you. Thank you.