Thursday, April 29, 2010

quick recap

Monday, the 19th, I took off from Florida. 


First stop- visiting the Livesays in Waco, Texas. It was SO good to see them all... but the trip was too short. On the flight there, I was hit with a mix of feelings and emotions. Seeing the Livesays (and I also got to hook up w/ Vivien for a little bit) brought back all of Haiti. It brought all the times and memories from Haiti and the earthquake rushing back. It's easy to put something aside when you can just avoid thinking about it. ANYWAY, I had an awesome time there. Paige and I hit the streets of Waco.. and... well... just hung out like the 'old days'. 




Then, on Friday I said good-bye to Texas, cowboy boots and all, and headed for Surprise, Arizona.  Here, the board members of Leve Project meet up for our first official, in-person board meeting. We got TONS of work done and meet with a couple of churches. It was a really productive trip. 

As of last night, I'm back in Florida for the time being. I met up with the people doing our website today... things are looking good and our website should be up and running by the beginning of next week. 

And that's all for now. If this gets longer, I could no longer title it "quick recap". 


1 comment:

T and T Livesay said...

Thank you for the great idea to come and asking and then being willing to get your butt here ---- that was super nice and fun ... we're missing your face already.