Tuesday, February 5, 2008

a new heart.

okay, i have a song for you again! :) take a good listen...

"White As Snow" jon foreman



this has been my theme song over the last few days. i can always tell you about the depravity of man and how sinful and wicked the human heart is. and i realize i am human, so of course i fall into this category. but do i actually search my own heart? it's not simply about how filthy man is, it's about how filthy I am.

create in me a clean heart, O God. my heart is not fairly clean with a little bit of dirt on it...there is sin so deep in my heart, no amount of dusting or wiping will get rid of it. i need a whole new stickin heart! i need a heart that is unlike everything i am. yes, i know that as a believer, i am a new creation, but salvation is not yet complete- there is still a war within me. i am in constant need of forgiveness for the wickedness that is still deep in my heart, and i am in constant need to be washed white as snow.


this song is taken from Psalm 51. read it. pray it.

Father, restore to me the joy of your salvation!!

3 comments:

angela said...

what an excellent passage from king david! i think about him a lot. he was, after all, "a man after God's own heart." that is not something to take lightly. and yet look at david's sin!!
which just points me back to Christ again and the depth of His compassion and grace! that is something i find it easy to find comfort in! and i will sing His praise!

Elias said...

i still want to get that guy's CD...haven't gotten around to it yet.

praise our great God who proves His mighty power by washing our filthy, unrighteous hearts! He can make even us white as snow!

Angela said...

that's a beautiful song