Tuesday, September 2, 2008

update...

well, Gustav and Hanna have gotten in my way a little bit, and i have yet to make it to Haiti.

last Wednesday (the 27th), i made it to Miami only to find out my flight to Haiti had been canceled. no problem, i can easily book a new flight, right?? there wasn't another available flight until 5 days later, Sept. 1st. SO i rented a car and drove 4 hours to invade the Huijskens home. I booked a flight from Jacksonville to Miami and rescheduled my flight to Haiti for today. after checking several times to make sure my flight was still good to go before we left the house...i get a message as Gretchen and I are on the way to the airport saying my flight has been canceled. so here i am, still in Palm Coast. it's been a grand adventure. thanks Huijskens, for taking me in!

i am now re-re-booked for the next available flight- Friday. hopefully Hanna will let me out of Florida.

9 comments:

Gretchen, Frits, Elisabeth, Harrison and Mia said...

Well, we are getting pretty attached to Megan and might keep her!

It's Gonna Be Me said...

What's up with that? First the Hoffmann's then the Huijskens? When do we get to have Megan at our house? I promise we don't have hurricanes or earthquakes...

Sarah and Tim said...

Satan is just trying to mess with you! Hang in there, you'll get there if the Lord intends on you being there!

Lena Just Lena said...

What an adventure! Will be praying for you to get there safely. The new blogs look great, by the way!

angela said...

hey, it's fun at the huijskens! and the Lord will get you there in His perfect time, as you know! enjoy florida!

Christy said...

selfishly, I'm just glad you're safe- thanks for your update

Brandy and Troy said...

Praying. I can't wait to hear that you are there safely!!

Elisabeth said...

We love you!!!!! And we loved having you here and spending time with you!!

MISS YOU!!!

ABRB said...

Did you make it to Haiti and if so, are you safe from IKE?!?!