Thursday, October 1, 2009

day 3

The Livesays headed to the states on Tuesday for Tara's marathon on Sunday, World Wide Village banquet, and visiting w/ family and friends. Vivien and I are in charge of the 5 kids here- Hope, Renald, Phoebe, Lydie, and Annie. But we have help. Geronne, the Livesays housekeeper/does-lots-of-other-stuff-too, is a ginormous help. I love that lady.  There is also a nanny that is here for a few hours in the morning to watch the little ones. 

So far, things have gone pretty smoothly. I'm not a fool. I realize it's only the 3rd day, lots could still happen. And I expect there will at least be a few crazy, chaotic days. But so far, so good. 

Vivien and Hope still have school in the mornings. Hope seems to be doing really well w/ the one-on-one.  Some days, I spend a few hours over at the Women's Building working. Yesterday, the Buxman family arrived in Haiti, so we spent some time over at their house. 

The only interesting thing I have to share so far- I let Renald take a shower with me this morning. He hadn't pooped yet. He did in the shower. Luckily, I had already gotten out and let him stay in to play in the water. I heard a grunt. But it was too late to do anything. Poop started plopping on the shower floor. (nice image, huh?) Paige told me today to always wait until after his morning poop to take off the diaper. Thanks for the tip. 

hum. tried to post some pictures, but they were not uploading.  maybe later. 


No comments: