Tuesday, December 14, 2010

processing Haiti....

It's one of those nights. I want to be asleep... I'm trying to sleep.... but I can't seem to turn off my brain. It keeps going back to Haiti.

And as I was laying awake, unable to sleep, I realized how little I've ever shared about my experiences in Haiti. I never really blogged much. I journaled every now and then. I tell people about Haiti. But rarely do I let the conversation get to my feelings, thoughts, or personal experiences. It's not that I've built a wall around myself and just don't want to let anyone get close... it's honestly just that I don't really dwell on things. It's almost like I don't even ever fully process things.  But as I was thinking about things tonight, it was almost as if I was viewing it all from a different angle, I suppose.

So, I want to tell my story. It's just as much for me as it is for anyone else. Maybe it's even more-so for me. It's filled with joys, blessings, struggles, hardships, adventure, stumbling, learning, growing, breaking, more learning, love, anger, frustration, happiness... and, probably much more. I'll start with when I first decided to move to Haiti. But not now. Now, I think I can sleep. I think processing Haiti can wait another day....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Site is very beautiful, very beautiful car pictures there.
I would like you to visit my web site.