Saturday, June 25, 2011

the latest.

I'm just not a good blogger. That's all there is to it. I try. I try so that anyone who cares to keep up with me can just go to a website, and there's the latest update. I guess what it really comes down to is that I suck at updates. Everything just seems normal to me. I look back on my day and don't see anything as interesting enough to share. Plus, my internet is horrible. And doesn't even work half (most) of the time. But I'm going to try to get better at this. So bear with me. 

We've got a few things going on here at Leve house. Francois and I will take walks through the village just to visit with families. There's one in particular we like to visit with. I met Pol and his family when I came to Cayes Jacmel in February. He is diabetic and has an ulcer on his leg. Francois and I have been in communication with some medical professionals and have started him on some Oral Antidiabetics, to control his blood sugar and help the infection. We check on him and visit with his family usually at least once a week. His family is very sweet and giving. His wife serves us bread and coffee and usually sends us off with something too. Last week, she gave us a pumpkin to make soup with. I love the relationship we have with them. Although we do give to them and try to help them out, they are never expecting things from us. They are just happy to see us and visit with us. And they love to give to us what they can as well.

My friends and missionary family, the Mangines, live about 20 minutes from our house. It's nice to be able to see and hang out with them often. Last week, I went with Gwenn to visit a tent city. The organization they work with, Joy in Hope, as been working with this tent city since the earthquake. We gave out diapers and visited with families. Gwenn also introduced me to a lady named Carole. Carole is wanting to start a business selling plates of food. She is 29 years old and has 5 kids, ranging from 7 years old to twins that are 7 months. Leve Project and Trades of Hope are going to partner up to help Carole start her business and be successful. I'm excited to see how with a little bit of money and some business planning we can completely change the direction of Carole's life! 

Okay... just wanted to do a quick update on where Leve Project is at. I will try to make my posts more fun in the future!! But no promises. 

No comments: