Monday, June 17, 2013

canvas, book pages and mod podge

I like the way both of these turned out, though they aren't very smooth. I didn't put mod podge on the canvas first, I put the pages down first so I could arrange them the way I wanted. then I simply painted the mod podge on top. that causes the wrinkles though, so in the future, I think I'll put mod podge on the canvas first, then just be careful about how I lay the pages out. 

for the first one, I took Bible pages all with verses about love. I highlighted those verses with a watered down yellow paint. I also watered down the teal paint a bit as the background, the. just free handed "love deeply" on. I want to work on my lettering!



used the same method of mod podging book pages onto canvas. I had some wooden words I had picked up at a craft store, laid them on the canvas and sprayed painted over. peeled off the words, and voila. I also painted the sides of the canvas to give it a little more color and splattered on a bit of yellow. 




No comments: