Friday, June 21, 2013

scrap wood

I found a piece of wood laying by a trash can... picked it up and turned it into this! It had a couple nails and screws in it, I look those out and cleaned it up. I used a bar of soap to help fill the holes. I had seen that on Pinterest... it worked pretty well, but I had a hard time covering the soap with the acrylic paint I used. I watered down some brown paint and started with a layer of that to darken the wood. I also added a tiny bit of water to the teal and lightly painted that on... purposefully leaving spots where you could see the brown through it. I free-handed the letters on with pencil and filled with paint. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out! Now I just need to get some picture hangers and get it put up! 

The quote is the name of a movie, "Someday This Pain Will Be Useful to You"... I fell in love with it. I'm not convinced it's a fact yet, but I'm hopeful. 




No comments: