Monday, July 1, 2013

bingo coasters!!

It's nothing new to make coasters out of tile... but that doesn't make them any less awesome!! I've made some before with scrapbook paper... and I've also seen people transfer pictures of them. Tile is super cheap and the options are endless!!

I bought a Bingo game at a yard sale and made bingo coasters!!

i cut the Bingo cards down to a square (cutting off the top part that spells out B-I-N-G-O). the cards were pretty thick, so i peeled off the top layer- it peeled off pretty easily.


I used a variety of scrapbook paper... mod podged the bingo sheet to the scrapbook paper... then all of it to the tile. I used mod podge underneath and then a good coat on top.


Previously, I've used felt on the bottom so the coaster don't scratch any surfaces... but I didn't have any felt on hand, so I used what i had!  I cut squares out of an old pair of sweatpants and hot-glued that under each tile.

Finally, I added a water-resistant, protective gloss finish with clear spray paint.




No comments: