Sunday, June 20, 2010

i just love that place.

The June trip for Leve Project was my first time back to Haiti for the first time since leaving on February 11th.  It was a short and busy trip... but I loved it.

When you first visit Haiti, there will be things that shock you. Things that disgust, burden, and overwhelm you. And it's those same things that you will later fall in love with.

The smell of garbage and pollution. Even after many trips there, some people still can't stand the smell. I love it.

The heat & humidity. You've already soaked your clothes in sweat by 10am.

The mosquitos. Okay, so these guys... you don't really ever fall in love with. But you get used to them. Somewhat.

The masses of people. The streets are always crowded. You wonder how there could possibly be so many people in one place.

I love the people. I love the smells. I love the heat. I just love that place.

No comments: